Go through the following four steps to write your comment.
Please follow the guidelines on the left.
After you submitted your comment, you will be able to edit
and delete it until you close you browser.
NN/g has observed 64 US and Danish users attempting 344 search tasks on 20 US e-commerce sites. The users had a success rate of only 64% in finding what they wanted. The report offers 29 design guidelines. Some highlights:
- Provide a clearly visible search box on every page
- Provide a simple search, with one search box and one search button
- Accept synonyms, spelling errors and variant forms of keywords typically used by customers
- Accommodate multiple-word input
- Always include search criteria, scope and items found in search results page
- Beware of long search result lists, as only few users look past page 2 of search results
- Take the users directly to the item when a search returns only one matching result
- On the "No results" page, make it clear why the search failed, allow the user to begin a new search, and provide alternative ways of locating products
- Support search for non-product terms
You can add up to four links that will be shown below the
The text of the links is the text that will show up as a
underlined link, while the address is the address of the
page you are referring to (e.g. http://www.guuui.com)
If you want to link to an e-mail address write "mailto:"
instead of "http://" in the address field (e.g.
Text of link No. 1 (optional):
Address of link No. 1 (optional):
Text of link No. 2 (optional):
Address of link No. 2 (optional):
Text of link No. 3 (optional):
Address of link No. 3 (optional):
Text of link No. 4 (optional):
Address of link No. 4 (optional):
Your name will be shown below the comment. If you choose
to add your e-mail, people will be able to send you an email
by clicking your name.
If you select "Remember my name and email" you
don't have to type this information the next time you want
to submit a comment or posting.
Your E-mail (optional):
Remember my name and email