Through a study of web site design practice, the Group for User Interface Research at Berkeley University observed that web site designers design sites at different levels of refinement (site map, storyboard, and individual page) and that designers sketch at all levels during the early stages of design. However, existing web design tools do not support these tasks very well.
Informed by these observations, they created DENIM, a tool that helps web site designers in the early stages of design.
DENIM supports sketching input, allows design at different refinement levels, and unifies the levels through zooming.
- Windows 95, 98, Me, NT 4.0, 2000, or XP
- Mac OS X 10.1 (10.0 is not supported)
- Solaris, Linux, and other Unix-like operating systems
- The DENIM Web Site at guir.berkeley.edu
- Try an exported DENIM Web Site Prototype
- December 06, 2002
See also: Tools (51)