Are there user who always go right to the search engine when the first visit a web site looking for content? In this episode of the UIE Usability Tools Podcast, Jared Spool and Christine Perfetti discuss one of their studies that showed that users aren't search dominiat.
In the podcast they discuss:
- Why no user always went to the search engine on a site
- How the design of a site's page determines what location strategy users employ
- How the design community reacted to UIE's research on search dominance
- Why your site's navigation may be poorly designed if your users are gravitating to search
- Usability Tools Podcast: Are There Users Who Always Search?
- October 10, 2007
See also: Interviews (30) Audio and video (48) Search (27)