NN/g has tested 42 users performing investment-oriented task on 20 company websites. Some of the results showed that:
- 70% of the users completed the tasks
- 35% of the users couldn't get a copy of the company's latest quarterly report
- 77% couldn't find the high/low share prices for an earlier quarter
Jakob Nielsen concludes that:
- Individual investors are intimidated by overly complex IR sections and need simple summaries of financial data.
- Professional investors are using other sources of financial information and just want management's visions about the company's future
- Both individual and professional investors want company background information and overview of recent news
If you can afford it, NN/g offer a 121 pages report with 65 design guidelines for improving IR usability ($248).
- The article Investor Relations Website Design
- February 18, 2003 - via Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox
See also: Tips and guidelines (60) Research (82)