Contrary to what many believe, we can do more with PDF prototypes than create links and forms.
In this article, Kyle Pero Soucy explains how we can use PDFs to:
- Add dynamic elements such as rollovers and drop-down menus
- Mimic Ajax-like functionality by updating only parts of the PDF instead of an entire page
- Embed audio and video files
- Validate form data
- Perform calculations and respond to user actions
The prototypes can be created with our favourite prototyping tool. Once converted to PDF, we can add interactivity, audio and video to the prototype using Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- PDF Prototypes: Mistakenly Disregarded and Underutilized
- August 08, 2007
See also: Prototyping and wireframing (119)